Saturday, 27 September 2014

Why I started this blog?!?

I have makeup collecting problem and I'm TRYING to stop. I just want all the makeup and I can't finish what I have. Even if I'm happy with a product I'm using, for some reason, I always think I might like some new one (that is basically the same) better.  I'm starting to get the same way with skincare - so I need to slow my roll there as well. I'm going to make a resolution to not become a beauty products hoarder. I'm sure, I don't have the biggest hoard, but I have a hoard none the less. I don't think I need to have a large makeup collection before I start thinking about "hoarding". Size is relative. And my collection is plenty big enough for me. My makeup items are all over the place and sometimes I forgot other makeup because their all stored up. I've actally really run out of space to store it and all these drawers full of lispticks, palettes etc, make me uncomfortable and unhappy.

 Please don't get me wrong. If you can afford tons of make up and if you really enjoy it, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a large and well-loved beauty stash.
But for me – all this make up don’t make me happy. I do like variety, but variety with hundreds of eye shadows, foundations, lipsticks etc is too much for me. I know realistically I can't use 50 eye shadows or 15 blushes all almost the same colours. The number I have is ridiculous (at least for me) and they are all basically the same 3 colours repeated by different brands.  I don’t enjoy my makeup collection - so what’s the point?  


 What I'm going to do?

 I’m doing a make up  inventory (working on it right now). I’m making a list of all my makeup. I’ll check what I already have and find out what I will keep. Then I’ll organize my makeup storage, so I'll have easy access to anything I want to use. I’ll also challenge myself with different pan-hitting projects. This blog hopefully helps to keep me motivated, cause I'll write about my progress. It’s going to be a quite long journey. I’m mostly doing it for myself, but if there’s someone who finds this interesting, please feel welcome to follow my progress.

P.S. English is not my native language, so there's probably mistakes in my texts. Sorry for that and please feel free to correct me.
Sneak peak of  my inventory. Just face products.

No comments:

Post a Comment